Island knowledge, national expertise
In response to the escalating spread of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) in the UK and abroad, we would like to reassure our clients and other visitors to our offices that we are following UK Government recommendations and putting in place measures to help mitigate the risk of increased infections.
At present, this means that we can continue to provide a full service to you as normal and any pre-arranged appointments can go ahead as planned. We will endeavour to arrange as many appointments by telephone/video call where possible. However, given the current situation, we fully understand that you may not want to visit our offices in person. Therefore, we have IT and phone systems available to communicate with you in whichever way you are most comfortable, including video conferencing. Please note that we will carry out a risk assessment before accepting new work at this time.
We have also communicated detailed advice to staff regarding Coronavirus. This includes precautions, such as:-
- Approval policies for staff returning from low-risk overseas destinations
- 14-day self-isolation for staff returning from high-risk overseas destinations, regardless of presentation of symptoms
- Good personal hygiene practices
- More frequent, thorough cleaning of the offices
- 14-day self-isolation for staff who present with symptoms
- Social distancing – please do not be offended if your solicitor does not shake hands when greeting you, staff have been advised to limit physical contact with all clients and colleagues
Currently all offices remain open, although this will be reviewed as Government recommendations change, and further communications will follow in this event. Staff have system access from home, so, should the need to close offices become apparent, service will continue. Phone lines will be diverted to mobiles and staff will have email access.
We are confident that, by taking this approach, we can ensure that public health is protected and that your matter is dealt with as efficiently as possible.
For any clients with appointments at our offices, please contact your solicitor should you wish to arrange for an online meeting.
"Thank you for the wonderful advice Claudia gave us. We will have no hesitation in contacting you should we need any help in the future"
"The service I received was second to none. I will of course happily recommend you to others."