Island knowledge, national expertise
Cancer misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis of cancer
Detecting cancer at an early stage accompanied by a prompt referral for treatment is often crucial to a successful outcome for the patient.
Cancers do vary in their nature. There are also many different types of treatment. However, any delay in diagnosis and/or the treatment itself can be alarming for the patient and their family.
Types of cases
The Glanvilles Damant team of experienced specialist solicitors will advise you on bringing a claim for clinical negligence. We regularly deal with the following types of cases relating to delays in cancer diagnosis:
- GPs failing to revisit or re-assess their original diagnosis when symptoms continue
- Failures to refer for investigations
- Referrals to wrong specialists
- Delays in arranging tests or treatment
- Wrong reporting of scans or test results
- Failures to act upon abnormal test results
Our team of clinical negligence solicitors work on a ‘No Win, No Fee’ basis saving you from financial risk. If you or a member of your family has suffered a delay in cancer diagnosis, please contact us here in Newport.
"Thank you for the wonderful advice Claudia gave us. We will have no hesitation in contacting you should we need any help in the future"
"The service I received was second to none. I will of course happily recommend you to others."