Island knowledge, national expertise

Personal Injury Trust Set Up Advice on the IoW

If you have received compensation for a personal injury claim, you should think about protecting it, because you could lose thousands of pounds through the retraction of means-tested benefits.

This may not apply to you immediately but could in the future if you or your partner lose your job or have to enter residential care. The type of benefit you could lose includes:

  • Income Support & Job Seeker Allowance
  • Housing and Council Tax Benefits
  • Child and Work Tax Credits
  • Residential Care Fees.

Protect your rights

The way to protect your rights to these benefits is through a personal injury trust. If you have received compensation for a personal injury claim in the last 10 months or are about to receive compensation, Glanvilles Damant can set up such a trust for you.

The money will be held in trust on your behalf and can be used whenever you want for ‘extras’ – not day to day living costs. Examples of these ‘extras’ include cars, houses, Sky TV, broadband, holidays, etc..

For advice and help with setting up a Personal Injury Trust contact our team on the Island to discuss how we can help. 


  • "Thank you for the wonderful advice Claudia gave us. We will have no hesitation in contacting you should we need any help in the future"

    — Client

  • "The service I received was second to none. I will of course happily recommend you to others."

    — Client